The Best-Selling Resource in Psychiatry Noe Updated with DSM-5
The New and thoroughly updated 11th edition of Kaplan and Sadock’s Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/Clinical Psychiatry is a complete overview of the entire field of psychiatry for clinicians, residents, students, and all others who provide mental health care.
In this best-selling textbook in psychiatry for over 40 years, the reader will find a thorough discussion of both the behavioral sciences and clinical psychiatry. The 11th edition integrates all the DSM-5 criteria and provides a detailed and comprehensive overview of treatment methods for every known mental disorder.
The 11th edition is set apart from any other reference you have and includes:
- DSM-5 diagnostic tables on every major psychiatric disorder.
- A psychopharmacology section organized according to mechanisms of action and updated to include all of the New drugs including those in preparation.
- Extensive use of case studies and illustrations to enhance the learning experience.
- The most current treatment methods including a description of all Newly introduced psychotherapeutic techniques.
- A completely revised section on neurocognitive disorders organized along the DSM-5 model.
- An updated and expanded section on child psychiatry; now includes a guide to diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorder and other disorders of childhood.
- A fully searchable eBook, bundled with the print.
This publication is included on the ANCC: American Nurses Credentialing Center’s reference list.
The Synopsis of Psychiatry has been the leading clinical psychiatric resource for psychiatrists both in the US and around the world. It has the reputation of being an independent, accurate, reliable and objective compendium of New events in the field of psychiatry. Now in its 11th edition, the tradition continues, both in print and digital formats—from the authorities you can trust.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use.
About the author:
Complementing his private practice, Dr. Sadock has authored/edited over 140 academic books and papers including Kaplan & Sadock’s Comprehensive Textbook Of Psychiatry—widely considered to be one of the most important and influential works in modern psychiatry.
Dr. Sadock is Menas S. Gregory Professor of Psychiatry at The New York University School of Medicine and NYU Langone Medical Center, located in lower Manhattan.
Dr. Sadock’s private practice is located just off Fifth Avenue on the Upper East Side of New York City.